Skaters advanced to the U.S. Championships from three sectionals: From the Eastern Sectional are Jordan Bauth, Ana Draovitch, Mia Eisenhandler and Viviana Mathis; from the Midwestern Sectional are Mariah Bell, Barbie Long, Hannah Miller and Jessica Pfund; and from the Pacific Coast are Katia Gorodetsky, Amanda Hofmann, Ysabel Tran and Alana Walker.
Profiles for each lady are below.
Birthdate July 23, 1997
Hometown Lancaster, N.Y.
Club Jamestown SC
Coaches Suzanne Bauth, Lenel van den Berg
Choreographers Josh Babb, Kirk Wyse
Short Program “Summer of ‘42” by Michel Legrand
Free Skate “Nyah and Ethan” by Hans Zimmer and
“Hood Jump” by John Powell
• Qualified with a second place showing at the Eastern Sectional and first place showing at the North Atlantic Regional
Birthdate April 18, 1996
Hometown Westminster, Colo.
Club Rocky Mountain FSC
Coaches Cindy Sullivan, Scott Brown
Choreographer Scott Brown
Short Program Music from the East of Eden soundtrack by
Free Skate Music from Cats by Andrew Lloyd Webber
• Qualified with a third place showing at the Midwestern Sectional and second at the Southwestern Regional
Birthdate August 2, 1996
Hometown Cary, N.C.
Club SC of Northern Virginia
Coaches Dana Martin, Audrey Weisiger
Choreographers Christian Conte, Irina Romanova
Short Program “The Night at Madrid” by Dmitri Malikov
Free Skate “Hundred Gypsy Violins” by Russian
• Qualified with a first place showing at the Eastern Sectional and a second place showing at the South Atlantic Regional
Birthdate July 26, 1995
Hometown Nashua, N.H.
Club Gate City FSC
Coaches Suna Murray, Lisa Langley
Choreographers Matt Lind, Sheryl Franks
Short Program “Ice Queen” by Paul Dinletir
Free Skate “La Bayadère” by Ludwig Minkus
• Qualified with a third place showing at the Eastern Sectional and a second place showing at the New England Regional
Birthdate December 21, 1994
Hometown South Jordan, Utah
Coach Damon Allen
Choreographer Damon Allen
Short Program “Palladio” by Escala
Free Skate “Otonal” by Raul Di Blasio
• Qualified with a first place showing at the Pacific Coast Sectional and a second place showing at the Central Pacific Regional
Birthdate May 25, 1995
Hometown Vancouver, Wash.
Club Highland SC
Coaches Corrie Martin, Darin Hosier
Choreographer Corrie Martin
Short Program “English Viola Romance” by Ralph Vaughan Williams
Free Skate “Cello Concerto Work 16” by Camille Saint-Saens
• Qualified with a fourth place showing at the Pacific Coast Sectional and a second place showing at the Northwest Pacific Regional
Birthdate September November 1996
Hometown St. Louis, Mo.
Club Springfi eld FSC
Coach Susan Liss
Choreographers Libby Chabot, Susan Liss
Short Program Theme from Love Story performed by the Berlin Cinema Orchestra
Free Skate Music from the Schindler’s List soundtrack by Itzhak Perlman and John Williams
• Qualified with a second place showing at the Midwestern Sectional and first place showing at the Upper Great Lakes Regional
Birthdate March 1, 1996
Hometown Elkton, Md.
Club University of Delaware FSC
Coach Ronnie Biancosino
Choreographer Irina Romanova
Short Program “Totentanz” by Maksim Mivica
Free Skate Selections from “Carmina Burana” by Karl Orff and from “Psalm 23” by John Rutter
• Qualified with a fourth place showing at the Eastern Sectional and a third place showing at the South Atlantic Regional
Birthdate October 29, 1996
Hometown Williamston, Mich.
Club Lansing SC
Coach Kirsten Miller-Zisholz
Choreographer Daniil Barantsev
Short Program “Singin’ in the Rain” medley by Mark Hale
Free Skate “Piano Fantasy” by William Joseph
• Qualified with a first place showing at the Midwestern Sectional and a first place showing at the Eastern Great Lakes Regional
Birthdate January September 1998
Hometown Los Gatos, Calif.
Club Broadmoor SC
Coaches Tom Zakrajsek, Becky Calvin
Choreographers Tom Dickson, Catarina Lindgren
Short Program Music from the soundtrack of The Sorcerer’s
Apprentice by Dukas
Free Skate “Pasha” by Vanessa-Mae and “Arrow without Destination” by Ottmar Liebert
• Qualified with a fourth place showing at the Midwestern Sectional and a first place showing at the Southwestern Regional
Birthdate February 24, 1997
Hometown Corona, Calif.
Club All Year FSC
Coaches Tammy Gambill, Sondra Holmes
Choreographer Cindy Stuart
Short Program “Ice Symphony” by Edvin Marton
Free Skate “Simbad” by Harry Gregson-Willliams
• Qualified with a third place showing at the Pacific Coast Sectional and a second place showing at the Southwest Pacific Regional
Birthdate November 23, 1995
Hometown Irvine, Calif.
Club Los Angeles FSC
Coaches Alex Chang, Jerome Michael
Choreographer Alex Chang
Short Program Opening from Mishima by Philip Glass
Free Skate “The Feeling Begins” by Peter Gabriel
• Qualified with a second place showing at the Pacific Coast Sectional and a first place showing at the Southwest Pacific Regional
Figure Skaters Online strives to be an accurate source of information related to the sport of figure skating. To report an error, please e-mail the news editor. Include the article date and title in your e-mail.